Saturday, November 24, 2012

Katie Halloway: Two-time Paralympic Silver Medalist

Katie Halloway is a two-time Paralympic silver medalist. She earned these two medals in 2008 and 2012.  Halloway was previously a star Women's Basketball player at Division 1 Cal State Northridge from 2004-2008.

At the 33rd Annual Salute to Women in Sports Katie talked about her off-the-field life and shared some things about herself that fans would like to know. 

Some fun facts learned about her include: 

-Her hero is her sister. 
-Her favorite dessert is Strawberry Shortcake. 
-She is embarrassed about having Party in the U.S.A by Miley Cyrus on her iPod. 
-The quote she lives by:
"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy today.  I can choose which it shall be. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

Halloway’s next goal in sports is to simply remain active and healthy.  She wants to have a fulfilling career helping people with disabilities maintain an active lifestyle through recreation and sports. 

No comments:

Post a Comment